We seek to advance widespread liberal actions to create fair, just, and lasting solutions to critical issues of Environment, Community, Security and Poverty. The foundation’s work is built on a belief that greater international cooperation anchored on empowered and enhanced local communities and societies of a people will improve global governance and enhance global citizenship. The organization values its Kingdom of Heaven roots and family heritage as well as its role as a nonpartisan, private operating foundation.
The Kingdom Foundation does not make grants as of now. Unless dire and desperate needs of children and others touching on human rights – and when the foundations do the above it will do so through communities that have such and many challenges, to operate on accountability and responsibility.
The Kingdom Foundation seeks a secure peace with freedom and justice, built on global citizenship and effective global governance, that must be anchored in communities rights and prosperity.
The Kingdom Foundation advances multilateral action to create fair, just, and lasting solutions to critical issues of peace and security.
Core Values are statements that convey important philosophies of the foundation and are used in concert with the Vision and Mission statements to guide the foundation in decision making.
About Our Vision
- All people have inherent dignity, value, and ability to contribute to building a sustainable future.
- All people deserve a world at peace where the causes of conflict are addressed and disputes are resolved without recourse to violence.
- We value and encourage a constructive AU multilateral role.
- We recognize the essential roles of both the policy community and civil society in building sustainable peace.
About the Foundation
- We consider our staff and governance members our greatest assets and maintain a constructive and collaborative work environment.
- We value our heritage and future as a family foundation and nurture sustained family involvement.
- We value our ongoing role as a private operating foundation.
- We value our Midwest location and the perspective it brings to our work.
- We value our relationships with a wide range of allies to promote cooperative approaches and multilateral solutions.
- We model global citizenship in our local community.
About Our Work
- Advocacy is a core part of our programming—building support for specific outcomes that we expect to advance our vision and mission.
- We are pragmatic, flexible, and opportunity driven.
- We risk failure in order to be effective.
- We maintain a long-term, independent perspective.
We are nonpartisan, and our forums are respectful of all voices.
The foundation’s current work includes specific actions toward policy change in the issue areas of nuclear policy, mass violence, and climate change. We also support educational efforts in communities we work with through our Community Partnerships programming. Previous and future initiatives of the foundation can be read here:-